POPTAILS EPISODE 1: NEIL DIAMOND’S CHERRY CHERRY
Wasted Years Records is proud to present the first episode of its new YouTube series Poptails—a delectable musical adventure, where we challenge our resident barkeep, Joel Persson, to design a cocktail to compliment our song of the week.
We kick things off by challenging Joel to conjure up the perfect beverage to slam down whilst getting dance fever to Neil Diamond’s timeless classic, Cherry Cherry.
The Cocktail: Cherry Cherry
35mL of Jack Daniel’s
15mL of Cherry Herring
1 x Barspoon of Punt e Mes
15mL of American Honey Water
15mL of Fresh Lemon Juice
1 x Small dash of Peychaud’s Bitters
1 x Egg white
1 x Glass of Ice
1. Combine the ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake without ice.
2. When the mixture has a nice foam, add ice to the shaker, and shake again until chilled.
3. Strain into a frosted glass.
4. Garnish with a few drops of Peychaud’s Bitters.
5. Throw on Neil Diamond’s Cherry Cherry and enjoy.